Today is National Cookie Day. Indulge a bit. Have a cookie!
I have a cookie recipe for you… Chewy Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies. They are so good.
I like my chocolate chip cookies to be chewy. I made sure this recipe produced not only deliciously flavored cookies but chewy ones as well. CHEWY chocolate chip cookies are the best.
For the holidays, I’ve added some dried cranberries to my recipe for chocolate chip cookies. The cranberries add a nice flavor and make the cookies seem more like Christmas cookies. If the cranberries you’re using seem overly dry, soak the them in hot water for about 10 minutes then drain them. It will plump them back up and make them more flavorful in the cookies.
I have to say something here about making cookies the same size. I recently bought a cookie scooper. It’s like an ice cream scooper but smaller. I know I’m late to the game but you may be too so I thought I’d mention how much I like it. It’s a lot easier to make evenly sized cookies than using two spoons to fish the dough out of bowl and plop it onto a baking sheet. If you haven’t bought one yet, think about taking the plunge. You’ll be glad you did.
These Chewy Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies are perfectly chewy and delicious.
Chewy Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies would be perfect for a holiday party or as a homemade gift. Enjoy!
Chewy Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 2/3 granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place oven rack at the top 1/3 of the oven.
- In small bowl add dried cranberries and hot water. Let steep for 10-15 minutes. Cranberries should plump up. Drain water and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Beat at medium high speed for 3 minutes. The mixture should look light and fluffy. Add sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract to brown sugar mixture. Beat at medium speed until well incorporated or about 1 minute.
- Add flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt to brown sugar mixture. Beat at low speed until just combined. Add chocolate morsels and cranberries and stir into mixture gently.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scooper, drop dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 1 baking sheet of cookies for 10 – 12 minutes. Cookies may seem under baked but this helps to achieve chewy cookies. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes. Gently remove the cookies from the baking sheet and place them on wire rack to finish cooling.